Team,
I cannot express in words just how outstanding your performance was at Mt. Sac. Just about everyone had personal bests on the toughest course(not counting Boron) that you will run all season. Our varsity boy's team placed 3rd in the Sweepstakes race only losing to 2010 Orange County Champion St. Margaret's, and Hopi the 20 consecutive years Arizona State Champion. We defeated Woodcrest Christian to earn the final podium spot by one point and by one second. Ray Biggerstaff passed a Woodcrest Christian runner in the final 5 meters to put us on the podium. This tells you just how important it is to finish strong to the last step. The JV runners with just a couple exeptions had personal bests for the season. Nick Nystrom's 21:54 was a huge improvement over any other race. Once again Patrick Hagan finished strong, and Jocob Moss had a huge race. I probably should stop mentioning names because all of the JV were outstanding.
I'll put the varsity in perspective by listing some incredible achievements as a team.
- 1) The team shattered DC's all time school record at Mt. Sac by 2:11 with a timing of 82:36. This is the fastest in the 21 year history of running at Mt Sac that includes over 50 races.
- 2)For the first time ever the school placed 4 runners under 17 minutes, 8 runners under 18 minutes and 11 runners under 19 minutes.
- 3) Our number 7 runner was faster in the Sweepstakes race than any other schools number 7 runner. Our depth is the best in Division 5.
- 4) Our varsity ran over 5 minutes faster than last year at the Invitational. That's 1 minute per person.
- 5)Our number 5 runner (Andrew Starksen) came through big time for us and we have been waiting for that from number 5. In other words we can win it all.
- 6) We were the second best Division 5 school in the entire CIF Southern Section, and the best in Los Angeles County.
- 7) It was the single best performance ever by a Desert Christian team since I have been involved (11 years).
There is much more I could say about the team, but think this puts it in perspective.
In the varsity race our top 5 were all fantasitc with Scott Acton once again leading the way (16:09). However, right behind him having his best race ever was Bryan Curtis (16:11). Thomas Waters ran a fabulous 16:26. Ray Biggerstaff ran terrific at 16:44, and Andrew Starksen really stepped up at 17:06. In fact, I owe Andrew a steak dinner since I told him if he broke 17:30 I would buy him one. I am thrilled that I have to do it. Also, congratulations to Jake Goff (17:46) for breaking into the top 7 by 6/10 of a second. Josh Devore was also terrific at 17:43, and the medaling performance of Jonathan Kuzichev (18:38) in the Sophomore race should not go unmentioned.
The bottom line is that you were all terrific!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless You!!!
Coach Visokey
No comments:
Post a Comment